BEFORE THE OFFICIAL VALENTINE’S DAY TAKE TIME TO CELEBRATE YOURSELF FIRST AND THE LOVE YOU HAVE FOR YOU.
Learn to Love yourself first before you can start to love anyone else.
When I say that you need to love yourself first, I’m not referring to the stuck-up, prideful, worldly type of loving oneself (also known as self-worship); I’m talking about a concept of being thankful, and appreciating the person who God has made in you. The worldly type of loving yourself is where you are stuck up, prideful and arrogant, whereas this type of loving yourself is based upon humility and thankfulness. The two could not be more different!
The amount of bondage that results from self-rejection, self-hatred, unwillingness to forgive oneself and so forth is shocking. Below are just a few of the symptoms:
– Self-rejection; not accepting yourself, always beating up on yourself, not happy with the person that God made you, etc.
– Self-hatred; hating the person who God made in you, considering yourself ugly, dumb, clumsy, etc.
– Unforgiveness or bitterness; when a person continues to hold things against themself, such as something in their past that was embarrassing, gross, or that they are still ashamed of (even after repentance).
– Being hard on oneself; always beating up on yourself mentally, physically, emotionally, etc. Always seeing yourself as worthless, or pushing to reach irrational goals just to feel good about yourself.
– Low self-esteem; always seeing yourself as a failure, or less than those around you.
– Ashamed of yourself; refusing to forgive yourself from something in your past.
– Feeling ugly or stupid; seeing yourself as ugly, worthless, stupid, no good for nothing, etc.
YOU NEED TO BE THANKFUL
Many today consider themselves dumb, ugly, stupid, clumsy, worthless, etc. Did you know that you were created in God’s own image, and whenever you consider yourself dumb, ugly, etc., you’re actually considering something that God made as being ugly, dumb, etc.??
READ MORE http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/loving_yourself.php